Tuesday, June 22, 2010

No-Reply

There is a little known phenomenon amongst my friends that we like to call the “Noooo Reply” To be kind to my readers I guess I should really explain what this is and not just jump straight into it. Well here goes.
Have you ever been out somewhere and you start talking to a girl? Things are going swell and you laugh you tease each other and not to mention flirting. So then you build up enough courage to finally ask for her number. Now you would probably think this is where the explanation ends, and this is the Nooo Reply, but that is where you would be wrong. So you two exchange numbers and go off on your merry ways. You start to text each other, and still things are going good, you still joke and tease and flirt, than after a few days you ask to catch up for a drink, and then you never receive a message back, ever. Then my loyal readers you have just become a victim of the infamous Noooo Reply.
I would love to conduct some research into why this is. But every research agency that I have been in contact with simply tells me, that it’s not worth the time or money to conduct the research. I disagree; I think every man in the world would like to know why.

4 comments:

  1. oh yeah koz guys never do that either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm guilty of it. its the easiest way to let someone know you're not really interested without having to tell them to their face. it's like a hint that they need to guess for themselves. the worst is when they keep sending you 4 or 5 texts by the time they realise that you're never going to respond. i once got an sms for a guy saying this will be my last sms, so consider it your last chance to reply. ummmmmm i could've responded with good, but felt that noooooo reply would be better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The no reply is cowardly- but I'd get the message after a couple of unreturned texts. Plus, it's easier and nicer to think that she's just 'busy' than to receive a flat out rejection. And maybe they just want to be friends but you're pushing the envelope... hmm.. *ponders*..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you anonymous people, your comments are well noted.

    ReplyDelete