Monday, July 12, 2010

Movies

Is it just me, or does it feel like there have been no original ideas for a movie since Donnie Darko? They all seem to be remakes of old movies (done poorly) and books and comic books. But hell it’s all good entertainment right? And if you go and see them on a Tuesday then it does not hurt as much if the movie stinks.
Now we all know that there are certain movies that guys should not watch, and these are commonly referred to as “Chick Flicks” But you know what? Some of them are quite good. I like a movie with good dialog and in some cases it speaks louder than good special effects; I know that’s saying a lot but it’s true. What is the point of good special effects without good dialog to go along with it? For an example of this, just watch the movie with the big blue people in it. After all that movie is creepy enough as it is, connecting a part of your body to an animal and call it “bonding” I call it wrong and illegal, but what do I know.
I really hope to see some good movies coming out soon, fresh and original ones, and if that is too much to ask for, can the remakes at least live up to the originals. And can book adaptations please follow the book more closely. But before I go I have a message for the guys. Watch the chick flicks, it might even get you laid.

No comments:

Post a Comment